Friday, March 6, 2009

Jailhouse Rock


On 13 February 2009, I organized an event for college assignment, well, not me alone of course but together with my classmates. It was fun and stressful but not worth going. Thanks adleezan, fatin, raeesa, ali, kyrue and yas for coming. I know its not worth your RM50 but thanks for supporting me and because of you guys and of course my hard work, I managed to get full marks for this subject.


I know I'm surpose to post about recipes so here goes.



TIRAMISU

Ingredients
  • 6 egg yolks
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1 1/4 cups heavy cream ( if you can't get any just sub 1cup whipped cream with 1tbsp butter)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 455g mascarpone cheese ( I know they're expensive, use cream cheese for cheaper alternative)
  • 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
  • 2 packages of ladyfinger cookies
  • cocoa powder
Method
  1. Whisk together egg yolks and sugar in a stainless steel mixing bowl. Place it over a bain marie and continuosly whisk while adding milk. Make sure to whisk non stop as you do not want to cook the egg. Whisk until the mixture creates a ribbon trail when you lift the whisk up. Chill the mixture.
  2. In another bowl, beat the cream with vanilla until stiff peaks form.
  3. Whisk mascarpone cheese into yolk mixture.Mix in the cream mixture.
  4. Drizzle ladyfinger with the coffee.
  5. Arrange coffee soaked ladyfingers in the cake pan. Layer tiramisu with ladyfinger cookies and cream. Chill overnight in fridge overnight. Sprinkle the top with cocoa powder and serve cold.
___________________________________________________________________

Some say tiramisu is hard to make. Well this is a recipe for a beginner,like myself. It is simple, easy and most importantly, taste great. Let tiramisu sit overnight so that it sets. My family and friends love it and finished it in a day! Try it yourself today.

1 comment:

Suet Li said...
This comment has been removed by the author.